When you think of marketing you probably think “service”. If a website is a form of marketing, why do most companies try to sell you their websites as products? They hand over a static website and say “Here’s your website Doctor, good luck!”, and it just sits there.
A website is like a car. To keep it running smoothly and generating consistent, reliable results, it must be professionally maintained on a monthly basis. It must have it’s oil changed regularly. If you’re like most dentists, you’d probably have more important things to do than maintain a website.
Results take Time, Observation, and Maintenance
Effective SEO is a complicated and gradual process, and an honest web marketer will tell you that results take time. Ongoing maintenance is the only way to ensure your site will continue to increase in its rankings, attract more visitors and drive more patients to your door in the long run. It’s not enough to simply design your web site, have it optimized for the search engines and expect it to continually rank well. Search engine algorithms change all the time. Without regular attention, one day your site may be #1, and the next it may be #20.
The Bare Essentials to Look for in a Website Maintenance Plan
- Monthly monitoring of the top search engines to make sure your positions are improving/maintained
- Monthly reviews of your traffic statistics to see where most of your traffic is coming from and what content is most popular so your website can be adjusted to focus more energy on “what works”
- Regular content updates (search engines give precedence to fresher content)
- Regular monitoring of your competitors SEO strategies to ensure you do not get outranked
- Access to analytics reports so you can check in on the performance of your website yourself
Be sure to check out our other recent posts for more dental website marketing advice!